Two Kenya Power employees were electrocuted in Kisumu Thursday night while replacing a transformer.
Police said one of them died while the other is hospitalized after suffering serious injuries.
According to police, the technicians had switched off power to work on the transformer but it reconnected before they could complete the task.
The incident occurred at about 7pm in Kanyamedha village, just outside Kondele.
A similar incident occurred in Nakuru in April involving two technicians contracted by the power firm-causing uproar across the country on why power was switched on while they were active at work on power lines.