Several houses burnt after transformer explodes in Kiamaiko slums

0 529

At least seven families have been left homeless after their houses were burnt down today morning in Nairobi’s Kiamaiko slums.

The fire started after a transformer exploded following an overload due to illegal power connections in the area.

Virginia Wanjiru an area resident says three people suffered minor injuries when attempting to put out the fire.

Many victims of the fire were unable to salvage their property from the fire that was put out by area youth.

The owner of the burnt houses was reportedly hospitalised last week due to an illness.

 

Did you enjoy this article?
Signup today and receive free updates straight in your inbox. We will never share or sell your email address.
I agree to have my personal information transfered to MailChimp ( more information )
Comments
Loading...