Seven people have been admitted in the Intensive Care Unit at the Kenyatta National Hospital after suffering severe burns from a fire incident in Mathare North.
The seven were among the 16 people injured the incident that occurred following an explosion of a gas cylinder.
The fire which burnt two houses however escalated after an electrical wire caught fire along the corridors of the building burning residents who were trying to escape.
Four family members a man and three children are among those who suffered burns.
Nairobi city county fire brigade team together with the Red Cross managed to put out the fire.