Mutahi Kagwe urges Kenyans not to fear hospitals as he announces 727 new Covid-19 cases
Health CS Mutahi Kagwe has urged Kenyans not to fear visiting health facilities for other services saying that facilities are still open to treating other diseases.
Kagwe said the ministry has separated the Covid-19 cases from other hospitalized people.
“Our health facilities are open to other diseases, not just CovidD-19. We have separated the Covid-19 cases from other hospitalised people. Let’s not fear to seek medical care,” he said.
Speaking during a tour of Kisii county on Friday, Kagwe announced that Kenya’s Covid-19 tally had crossed the 25K mark after 727 more people tested positive. The country’s total now stands at 25,138.
The new cases are from 6,814 samples tested within the last 24 hours.
From the new cases, 711 were Kenyans while 16 were foreigners. 539 of them are males while 188 are females.
674 patients were also discharged after recovering from the deadly disease, bringing the total number of recoveries in the country so far to 11, 118. Out of the number, 125 were from home-based care while 549 were discharged from various health facilities.
14 more patients however succumbed to the virus, raising fatalities in the country to 413.