A motorist who caused the fire that broke out at Vivo Shell petrol station, Kasarani on yesterday morning has been arrested.
A statement from the Energy Regulatory Commission said that the fire started after the motorist sped off to avoid paying for fuel while the pump was still inside his vehicle’s tank.
Fire fighters from the county government helped in putting out the fire.
No injuries were reported in the 7am incident, however the station was extensively damaged.
The commission urged motorists to switch off their engines before fuelling and also called on all petrol station employees to undergo adequate training on.