A middle aged man was man burnt beyond recognition in an overnight fire in Komboni, Korogocho area.
According to witnesses they allege the fire was caused by a candle that razed down a house, and the situation was made worse by the absence of fire engines from Nairobi County.
Nothing was salvaged
Elsewhere a fire was also reported in Kiambio Eastleigh with one person with critical injuries rushed to Mama Lucy hospital.
Kenya Red Cross Society will carry out an assessment today.
Nairobi City County fire brigade team who were at the scene managed to contain the fire