Basketball chiefs have called off the Los Angeles Lakers’ match on Tuesday after the death of their legendary former player Kobe Bryant.
The 41-year-old died in a helicopter crash in California on Sunday along with his 13-year-old daughter Gianna and seven other people.
The Lakers had been due to host local rivals the LA Clippers.
The fixture will now take place at a later date “out of respect for the Lakers organisation”, the NBA said.
Bryant, who retired in 2016 after a 20-year career with the Lakers, was a five-time NBA champion and was named an NBA All-Star 18 times.
The Lakers, in their first statement since the tragedy, said: “The Los Angeles Lakers would like to thank all of you for the tremendous outpouring of support and condolences.
“This is a very difficult time for all of us. We continue to support the Bryant family and will share more information as it is available.”