Niaje Niaje

Four family members burnt in Mathare gas explosion

0 838

A man and three children were injured on Wednesday night after a gas cylinder exploded inside a house in Mathare North area two Nairobi.

The 9pm incident ripped off the wall of the residential building injuring the four.

The four sustained serious burns and were rushed to hospital.

Nairobi city county fire brigade team together with the Red Cross managed to put out the fire.

Fire cases have been on the rise in slums in the city.

In the area in 2015, five siblings were burnt in a fire that razed their house and about 100 others.

Police said they were sleeping when the fire started at one of the other houses at around 10pm.

 

Comments
Loading...