Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has shortlisted 22 candidates to fill the Deputy Governor slot.
Among those proposed by Sonko are TV Presenter Anne Kiguta, lawyer Miguna Miguna, Education CEC Janet Ouko, Business woman Agnes Kagure formers Starehe MP Bishop Margaret Wanjiru.
Surprisingly, he still considers Igathe an option for the slot despite having resigned from the post three months ago.
Igathe resigned on January 12 saying he had failed to earn Sonko’s trust.
Here’s the full list:
1. ANNE KIGUTA- Royal media Tv presenter
2. MIGUNA MIGUNA- Lawyer
3. HON. JANET OUKO- Educationist & current CECM Education Youth affairs & gender.
4. AGNESS KAGURE KARIUKI- Top business lady & a consistent insurance awards winner
5. BISHOP MARGARET WANJIRU- Former MP, Asst. Minister & current preacher JIAM.
6. HON. DENNIS WAWERU- Former MP & CEO Faida investment bank.
7. MILLICENT OMANGA- Nominated Senator Nairobi & former Director KENGEN
8. JOHN GAKUO- Former Town clerk NCC
9. KAREN NYAMU-Lawyer
10. JIMNA MBARU- Current chairman Dyer & Blair investments
11. RAYMOND MATIBA- Former chairman KTB
12. PROF.JAMES OLE KIYAPI- Former PS & Presidential candidate.
13. POLYCARP IGATHE- Former Nairobi Deputy Governor CEO vivo (K) Ltd & former chairman KAM Kenya Association of Manufacturer
14. ESTHER PASSARIS- Nairobi City County Women Representative
15. IRUNGU NYAKERA- Former Ps Infrastructure & banker
16. SUSAN MATIBA
17. JOMO GECAGA- Statehouse
18. NJEE MUTURI- Statehouse
19. GEORGE KARIUKI-Statehouse
20. MUHOHO JOMO KENYATTA- First family
21 HON. RACHEL SHEBESH- Former Nairobi Women Rep & current CAS Gender & Youth ministry
22. HON. SIMON MBUGUA- Former Kamkunji MP & current EALA Member
Rosemarie Ombati Ati Ann Kiguta? Surely?